Cory Bernard is a Licensed Clinical Social worker who established Carpe Diem Counseling LLC in April 2014 out of a desire to help others. She completed her Masters in Social Work at UConn School of Social Work in May 2005 and became Licensed by the State of Connecticut in Jan. 2008. Cory has spent the past decade providing therapy to individuals experiencing a variety of mental health issues. After the birth of her son several years ago, Cory came to realize that there is a great need for and a great deficit in services available for women and their families during the perinatal period.
Completed Trainings specific to Perinatal Mental Health: (Trainings in all various areas of mental health and social work are completed yearly. These are trainings specific to Cory’s specialty in Perinatal Mental Health).
- December 2012– Postpartum Support International 2 day Components of Care Certificate Training
- March 15, 2013– Promoting Maternal Mental Health: Addressing Perinatal Mood Disorders for Crisis Service and MotherWoman’s Community-Based Perinatal Support Model with Annette Cycon, LICSW and Liz Friedman, MFA of MotherWoman
- February 26, 2015- Nurturing Families Network Mind Over Mood Training (to work with new mothers via in-home therapy)
- March 2015– Postpartum Support International 2 day Components of Care Certificate Training
- November 2016– PMAD Clinical Issues Training with Shoshana Bennett through the Postpartum Action Institute
- January 30, 2017– Bereavement and Perinatal Loss Training with Elisabeth Schneider and Ann Back-Price
- June 16, 2017- Treatment and Prevention of Traumatic Birth: Informed Clinicians Empowering Clients with Catharine McDonald, MS, NCC, LPC and Stefanie Trudeau, CD (DONA), CLC
- Founding Member of Connecticut Alliance On Perinatal Mental Health- 2013 – 2015
- Founding Member of Postpartum Support International Connecticut Chapter 2015
- Current Executive Board Member (Treasurer) of Postpartum Support International Connecticut Chapter
- Current Fundraising and Events Committee Chair for Postpartum Support International Connecticut Chapter
- Member PSI-CT Resources &Professional Development Committee
- Member of Postpartum Support International LLC
- NASW National and Connecticut State Chapter Member since 2003